In order to sell your products via WooCommerce you need to have a PayPal account to process payments. (Especially in the US Virgin Islands as that is the only option for payment processing here).
Customers DO NOT need to have a PayPal account to process the payment. When they proceed through the checkout to the payment window, they will see first the PayPal option, then a grey box. Simply click the gray box “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” to fill in credit card information directly.
After you have set up your PayPal account, you will need to request an API Signature and you will need to add those codes to your WooCommerce settings.
To create an API signature:
- For live credentials, log in to your PayPal business account at www.paypal.com.
- In the Profile menu, click Profile and Settings.
Note: If you do not see the profile icon on the top right, select Profile, which appears in the top menu on the My Account tab.
- From the left menu, click My selling tools.
- In the Selling online section, click the Update link for the API access item.
- On the API Access page, scroll down to NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic) and click Manage API credentials.
- Select Request API signature. Then, click Agree and Submit. If you have already generated API Credentials for another store, you will see them there and just need to click “Show” to reveal them.
In order to process your payments through PayPal, you will need both your PayPal email address (I highly recommend not just using a personal email address for your PayPal address. It looks unprofessional. Use an address attached to your domain. Even if it is just a forwarder. You can add additional email addresses to your PayPal account.
Go to Profile > Profile & Settings > Email > Update (on the right) then you can add your business email address.